If you have ever had the chance to take a bite out of a stuffed bun filled with tasty meat and cheese, you know how delicious stuffed buns can be.
You can make these right?
But then when you start looking at recipes for stuffed buns they seem like they have a lot of ingredients, a lot of work and sort of complicated.
Well, what if I told you making delicious stuffed buns for dinner or your next party is really really easy?
I am not making that up, it’s true.
(This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.)
Believe me, you have to try this to impress everyone at your next party.
Italian Beef Stuffed Buns
Actually, I’m going to start with an Italian Beef recipe that I have made for years & years.
After slow cooking the beef I made sandwiches by piling the hot delicious meat on a hard roll, add Mozzarella Cheese, and I had a winner.
So let me tell you, when I ran across a recipe for what appeared to be a plain bun, I was totally surprised to find out it had meat and cheese on the inside!
Needless to say, I was inspired to make my own stuffed buns using my Italian Beef recipe and add them to my holiday menu.
Seriously, on Christmas Eve, I usually have a large group of people to serve and I make lots of appetizers and soups.
People can fill up their plates and mingle around for hours eating and enjoying the party. It’s awesome.
I’m not exaggerating when I tell you, the response from my family was crazy! My little bundles of delicious beef were gone in no time flat.
This is how traditions happen, right?
Naturally, the next year, when I got the question, “are you making your buns this year”, how could I not?
That was about 15 years ago and I am still making them for many occasions.
In addition, these delicious little stuffed-buns are perfect leftovers.
We eat them cold right out of the fridge or warmed a bit in the microwave.
So, not only am I sharing my own recipe with you, I scoured all the stuffed bun recipes I could find on Pinterest too.
Finally, I decided on 6 of the best-stuffed bun recipes to share with you.
I’m not kidding, you will want to make them all.
These soft delicious buns are loaded with flavor and a family favorite during the holidays or any party. Easy to make buns are filled with juicy Italian Beef with melted mozzarella cheese. To make sure you have leftovers, make a double batch. We love them cold or reheated in the microwave.
- Frozen Rhodes Texas Buns (12)
- 2 lb lean beef roast-(round roast, sirloin tip)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Johnnie's Aus juice or 1 pkg Schillings Aus Jus
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Thaw frozen rolls and let rise a bit ( if they don't rise, it's ok).
- Flatten each roll into about a 4-inch circle in the palm of your hand. ( don't allow holes)
- Spoon about two large tbsp of beef into the middle of the bread dough.
- Put about 1 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese on the beef. ( You will get a feel for how much of beef and cheese to put in each bun.
- Fold the dough edges together. Pinch and seal the seam and again make sure there are no holes.
- Place stuffed buns seam-side down on a sheet pan sprayed with Pam.
- Bake the buns at 350º for about 15 min or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove buns from the oven and place them on a cooling rack.
- Brush melted butter on the top of each bun and let cool a bit.
Tip: The beef can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator.
1. Season roast in roasting pan or Crock-Pot with salt, pepper, garlic, Italian Seasoning, & Au Jus.
2. Bake roast covered in the oven at 325º for 2 hours. When the meat is fork-tender- it's ready
OR cook the roast in a Crock-Pot 8 hours on low or overnight. Again meat should be fork-tender.
3. Remove roast and shred with a couple of forks and put the meat back in the juice from the baking pan or crockpot.
4. Cool until time to assemble the sandwiches.
Assemble and Bake Sandwiches.
Dip in Au Jus, your favorite mustard or steak sauce
Truthfully, you do not ever have to make your dough from scratch. That little fact makes stuffed buns easy to make. You don’t need to be a super cook!
Please let me know in the comments below which ones you try and how they turned out!