The Perfect Cheese Dip For Every Occasion
Okay, maybe calling this the Perfect Cheese Dip for Every Occasion is a bold statement, but honestly, it’s true!
Start with this spicy cheesy dip for every party you host.
The Ultimate Comfort Food.
I was at an office party a few years ago. (Okay, maybe it was many years ago) and a co-worker brought a version of this dip, and when I made it for my family, it was a hit, and is now just referred to as “The Dip”.
Anyway, the point is I have been making this hot cheese dip for years, in fact, our family cannot even imagine having a holiday, football game, or appetizer party without scooping this dip onto chips.
At first glance, you are going to think, good grief, everyone has been making this recipe for years.
I will agree there are many variations and I have reviewed many of them and realized none of them compared to my recipe.
Be sure to grab your FREE Appetizer Party Planner with tips on party planning and more recipes.
As I have said in other recipe posts, I do not like to go on and on with too many stories and details before sharing my recipes, so here you go.
But, just in case you are a skimmer, I want to quickly point out why this party dip is special.
First, it is all about the cheese, this dip uses Deluxe American Cheese NOT Velveta. The result is a thicker, richer tasting cheese flavor.
Second, it is the Rotel Tomatoes. The combination of diced tomatoes and green chilies is perfect. Do not drain the tomatoes when you make the dip- the juice adds so much flavor.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 lbs Deluxe American Cheese
- 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 small can Chopped Green Chilies
- Large bag of Scoops Tortilla Chips
- Add to Crockpot:
- Brown and drain ground beef
- Cut Deluxe American Cheese into chunks, or if using slices break them apart
- 2-cans Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Chiles ( regular)
- 1- small can diced green chiles or jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
Set crockpot to low and cook 2 hours, occasionally stirring until cheese is melted
Set crockpot setting to warm so the cheese doesn't overcook.
- Ground sausage can replace ground beef, or use no meat at all
- If dip seems too thick, add a 3rd can of Rotel Tomatoes
- For less spice omit the diced green chilies
- Add some pepper jack cheese ( about a cup) for extra flavor
- Toss in a splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Use scoop tortilla chips because
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 254Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 803mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g
Be sure to buy the SCOOP chips.
Products I recommend:
I love serving appetizers and comfort food at all family parties including football weekends, and I like to make a variety of food, but “The Dip” is always at the top of my list.